I can't believe what just happened.

This is not a troll! I just don't want people to know who I am cause I'm quite embarrassed. My son isn't wearing underwear (quite normal for him some nights). I turn around and he's spread eagle, letting the dog lick his genitals. I yelled and said that's not ok and those are his privates and no one touches them but a doctor and mom and dad. I have no idea how to handle this.

Help???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in General Parenting

• What you did sounds like the appropriate response. Although I recommend he not be allowed to be nude.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:28 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• right its really two innocent parties, obviously neither your son or the dog knows what they are doing. Dont people notice that dogs always go for peoples crotches when they are fully clothed. You handled it the right way explaining that you cant do that and it seems like your son understood and took it in
    Anonymous

• hide the peanut butter Answer by butterflyblue19

OMFG!  I almost choked on my ice cream. 

I think making him keep some underwear on is a good first step.  I really don't know what else to say. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Ok, since he is 5, I think this was more an instance of the dog just getting a scent she liked. I don't really think it had anything to do with your son "liking" it. It may have tickled or felt good, but not in the way it would for an adult male. And, since he came and told you the dog tried to do it again, sounds like he got the message. I would maybe stop the nakedness at bedtime, since the dog may go in and do it while he is asleep. Unless you want him sleeping under a cover.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• *not fut, future dog licking trouble
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Your response seems just right to me. Keep an eye out for any fut, don't make a big deal of it and clothes are a must. I think the dog needs a stern talking to!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:49 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Yeah I think we're going to stop allowing so much naked time. Apparently she was trying to do it again and he came and told me she was trying to lick his private parts again and he told her no. So I think he got the message.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I might find the dog a new home.
    Anonymous

• Wow, just wow. Try not to make too much of it, I'm sure it was just some weird fluke thing..dogs lick us, it's what they do, so your son isn't of the age where he knows better than to stop the dog when it's licking him there ..it felt good, but he's 5, he's not a pervert. Try and let it go.
    Anonymous

• Yeah he needs to stop being nude, you handled it fine
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2012