If you coupon, how do you organize your coupons?

Do you cut them out and put them in a binder, or do you just keep the inserts?

I've done both.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 8:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Just for Fun

•  

This is my binder

Which sadly is now being neglected

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• File by insert, but first I weed out the ones I absolutely will not use. If it's back to back pages of Depends and hamburger helper or vitamins and dog food, that page gets pitched. They take up a lot less room when you only keep the ones you actually buy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I cut them out and put them in an organizer by type or by store. Makes it easier for me to actually remember to use them. Plus the organizer I have has a grocery list pad.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• LMAO! Mine isn't anywhere near that big!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:18 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Yeah. I am an expert. Taught classes for a while, taking a break with baby.... Can't rush out to every sale like I used to.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Which sadly is now being neglected

Which is why I gave up my binder. I had a nice one - leather brief case style with handles, and got so sick of keeping it up and redoing it every time the stores reordered their shelves, I switched to inserts after a year. Seems like once you get behind on a binder, there's no going back unless you do a full purge and start from scratch. The gap between dates is too hard to track.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:03 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I love keeping the binder in order. I go by categories. Vitamins and supplements medications first aid oral care etc.

Last time I took a break it didn't take long to get it bulked up again. I used to get 10 inserts but lately have only been doing 2to 4.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:33 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Just a little wallet type coupon holder.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Mine neither. I just actually cleared the old ones out. I'll tell you, my best coupons are direct from the manufacturer... those I keep in my purse.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Dec. 3, 2012