Help a sister get some sleep! Baby sleeps great all day- but at night not so much!

I know this is totally normal and "sleep when the baby sleeps" just doesn't work during the day for me. I have my 3 year old and I love spending time with her! Aaaand "forget the housework" yeah- i forgot the housework for the first week and this place could have been condemned! I swept, vacuumed and mopped today and it literally took hours.

Plus it's raining and the kitties tracked mud everywhere! Little pawprints painted on the floor!

OK- off topic I went.

Any suggestions for having baby sleep better at night? She's not necessarily awake all night- she just complains until I pick her up. During the day she doesn't complain when she gets put down- maybe because of all the background noise? Maybe music at night, or have the tv on?

Hi everyone btw. I'm sleep deprived!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:11 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I woke mine up at least every 3 hours during the day and did whatever I had to in order to get them a good feeding and keep them awake as long as possible (change diaper, tickle toes, washcloth on face, etc). At night i let them sleep as long as they woukd. They learned quickly to get their long sleeps done at night.

Answer by missanc at 6:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• IDK. DS hated sleeping at night so we put him in the one place he couldn't resist sleep. The SWING!
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2012