Is jogging in place the same as jogging on a track?

I jogged for an hour 3 miles, there are times Im watching television and your average show is 30 mins. and your average movie is 2hrs. Would I still get the same effect by jogging in place while watching TV?

Beats being a couch potato...lol

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Health

• Any exercise helps. I'm not sure the actual comparison, but I have one of those gazelles and I love doing it while I am watching TV.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:15 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• It is exercise and that is what matters. I think it would be annoying to try to run in place and watch tv. Trying to keep a consistent pace might be a PITA as well. It does beat sitting on the couch though.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:17 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• PITA- Pain In The Ass
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:29 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Well it certainly is better than sitting down and watching the shows but NO it's not quite the same as running on a track or even on a treadmill. Different muscles, more stretching that sort of thing.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• It isn't the same, since the forward motion uses different areas of the muscles. But you can get this by instead of just jogging in place in your living room, jog around the floor, and then you'll get the same benefit, plus you can do side steps and kicks and other motions to use even more muscles.

Answer by Bmat at 9:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I jog around my living room watching t.v. all the time!
    It might not be exactly the same, but it gets my heart rate up, gets my metabolism going which is my goal.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 10:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• its not the same , you burn more calories running on track
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2012