Why is my brother being so stubborn?

The other day I went to go see my parents and text my brother to come over alone I wanted to speak with him well instead of saying ok yeah I'll be right there or let me finish up with what Im doing I'll be there. He gets all offensive bc I asked I'm to come alone with out his live in gf & kid. I have nothing against them I just wanted to spend time with my brother. We are 2 states away so I was there for the weekend. I said things I shouldn't have said and now I regret it even though it is all true what I said he just pissed me off that he question me asking me how would I had liked it if he were in town and asked to come alone.

I would have jumped to see my brother. He's such a stubborn, sensitive guy and henpecked he needs to grow a pair, I never knew him to be this way...aarrgg! Now he makes me feel like Im the bad guy :(
He never showed while I was there but yet called our dad to see what was my problem...well dad was on my side :) I'm his only sister :(

Thanks ladies give me some input don't know what to do now he is mad at me just bc I wanted to see him only I'm :(

Some of you might think it was rude of me Oscan you explain that part to me bc I don't see it. I would have dropped what I was doing and came over.

Venting....Please ladies help me ease my mind I can't stop thinking of what happened :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Relationships

• Without knowing what you actually said in the text messages, I would say that you should apologize for offending him by disrespecting his partner and tell him that wasn't your intention.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• No one is going to tell your anything different, no matter how often you ask the question. It was rude to say, "I want to see you but not your girlfriend or the baby."

Essentially you told him they count for NOTHING. That was very insulting, because they are the family he chose and that makes them rank higher than the family he happened to be born into.

Sorry, you were very much in the wrong.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:01 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• If you feel like tha bad guy then maybe consider that you are?

Look, if you want to talk to your brother there are ways of doing it - calling and asking him if he'd like to grab a coffee with you rather than summoning him to your parents place and telling him to leave his family at home might have been a better idea. Yes, I get that you want to see him, yes I get that you want to see him alone, yes I get that you would have done it but guess what? You're not your brother, you're not in his shoes and you don't know what he was planning on doing that day. He's a partner and father now. He has responsabilities and obligations and, apparently, he's taking them seriously. Accept that.

Also, it's time you started to consider your level of maturity. This happened two weeks ago. It's over and done with but you're still seeking validation. Not only that but you don't seem to let it go. Think about it.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:09 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Maybe he had plans with his gf and kid. What is wrong with that? You should have asked them all to come over then you could have spent time with him. No reason to not include the rest of his family in your request. I would've been irritated with you as well.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:23 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• well if no one is tellingyou anythign different the firstt time why would they the next time? My answer stands, that is his family regardless of marriage etc. So all or none unless its an urgent private matter.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• It's his family. It's very offensive that you would request he leave them home alone. You need to accept them as family and not think he's going to drop them at your say so.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• They're HIS family.. You have to get used to the fact he is a family man now and won't be there at YOUR beck and call. His priorities have shifted to his family where he is the head of the house. To his child and girlfriend. Why might I ask did you not invite the rest of his fmaily to come along too? By default they are part of your extended family now too. Maybe you ought to take the effort to get to know them.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• didnt we just do this???
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 10:24 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• You need to apologize to your brother. He is a package deal now for you not to respect his choice is the same as rejecting him.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Accept his family.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2012