I'm 4 1/2 weeks postpartum adult content

And I can't keep my hands off my husband! I seriously fantasize about him all day long.

I had a 10 lb baby vaginally, but I feel like my body is healed quite well. I know you guys aren't doctors but with lots of lube and condoms do you think it's alright to try and have sex?

I wanna know if you tried before 6 weeks and what happened. Thanks. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Pregnancy

• The textbook recommendation is 6 weeks... but my midwife said as long as it's not painful she wasn't going to tell me not to... if that helps any ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• lol. we did it early last time. it hurt for two years. wait!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I'd wait. Seriously. Six weeks isn't that far off and, although you feel good, you may have some healing to do yet
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:56 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I didn't have any tearing at all and we tried after about 3 weeks, but I felt really raw. No issues, it just hurt. If it doesn't hurt and you don't have any tearing, many doctors are telling you to use your own judgement and are straying away from the guideline of a flat 6 weeks for everybody.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:53 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I healed well and fast I started having sex in 3 weeks, it wasnt painful or uncomfortable at all. All I would suggest is to use a water based lube just to reduce risk of infection, and its easier to clean out after, and make sure you clean yourself down there really good afterwards
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• go get that sexy hubby..................just wanted to add
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• oh man i was the opposite. i couldnt have wanted sex less after the babies arrived! my first wasnt too bad. hurt a little but was ok, my second was horrible. i cried half way through trying and we had waited 8 weeks. i had tore when my daughter came out sideways so i felt traumatized. even after the swelling went down i still didnt look or feel the same down there. took me a couple months before sex became normal.
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• As long as it feels right go for it if anything hurts or is uncomfortable stop and try again in a week
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 11:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• i had to wait, the girls tore me so i had stitches with all three. and it hurt to pee. i know one woman who didn't wait and she was pregnant again by her six week check up and that's with using a condom. it's up to you, but you have a 99% chance of being pregnant by the time you see your dr again. just warning you
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I have decided to wait. I see my Dr. in one week, so I guess I can tough it out. :P Thank ladies :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2012