Flying tomorrow... Need some advice on carry on luggage.

I have a standard size carry on luggage but I am so worried that once I get to the airport that they will not allow it. I have measured it over and over and the suitcase itself meets the requirement but if you add the wheels, it puts it over just by a little bit. My husband said I should be fine, because the luggage was made for carry on. It's been 7 years since I have flown. Also, what about my razor? I am assuming I will just have to buy one once I arrive at my destination. Anything else I need to know?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 11:31 PM on Dec. 3, 2012 in Travel

• You will be fine and if you get to the gate and they don't have room for it they will check it for free.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:45 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I believe liquids are only allowed in 3 oz. sizes in carry on. Larger size can be packed in checked luggage. Be ready to take off your shoes for security screening. Your airline would have a list of allowable items for our carry on. Oh, and if you are bringing a laptop be ready to take it out to send it through on the belt. Same goes for camcorders if you are bringing one.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:20 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• best to go to the website of the airline your flying, they will tell you all the no go's for carry on luggage, as in razors, liquids etc, and how they should be packed they change quite often to best to check.....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I bet your razor is fine! They wont measure the wheels. Enjoy your flight!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:42 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Here is TSA website....they change so often its better to be safe then flying late. This was updated as of Nov 13th 2012

http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/prohibited-items

This should help too

http://www.luggageonline.com/travel-guides/tsa-airline-regulations

Sorry for some reason my clicky ain't working.

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• The airline website mentioned straight razors but nothing else about other razors.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• if its a problem when they scan your bags they will just take it from you.......
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• I am more worried about my carry on rather than the razor. I can't afford to check in my luggage and my work has already stated that there will be no reimbursements for checked in luggage.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Thank you staciandababy and kmath. I feel better now. I have just had so many problems with ticket issues and other things that I guess I am paranoid that something else will come up.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Dec. 3, 2012

• Also, make sure any prescriptions or OTC meds are in the original vial/bottle and placed in ziplock bag. Your razor will be fine.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2012