So I probolly sound bad but...

my daughters been sick for the past 5 days with high fever and i finnallhy broke it yayy but now she is sttuck with a cold she has been so stuffed up i put vicks on her ive been giving her medicince and pedialite for her diarriah (viral infection also) well she opened the vicks somehow and put it in her hair!! i tried my best washing it out but her hairs still gressy but shes still stuffed up and i dont want to put no more vicks on her what do i do??? shes 13 months btw

MamaArii

Asked by MamaArii at 2:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2012 in General Parenting

• Can you keep her in a steamy bathroom so the warm air, along with the smell of the Vicks in her hair, will penetrate into her lungs? Vicks may be hard to get out of her hair because it's so greasy but it will come out eventually. You can also use infant nose drops (saline) or a bulb sucker to try and get your little girl less stuffed up. Worst case, I'd get my baby and sit on the floor with her, drape a towel over both of our heads, and breathe in the steam from a vaporizer with Vicks in it. Good luck, Mama! Mine's up with asore throat tonight, so I feel your pain.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Try a warm bath with Johnson and Johnson's Eucalyptus Bath for babies. It really helps. Also suction out her nose. Use a vaporizer in whatever room she is in.

In terms of her hair.  Just keep washing with Baby Shampoo and it will be fine.  I hope she gets well soon. 

booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:32 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• best way to use vicks is on her feet and then put socks on.......
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Just keep washing every night. It will take a while, but it will come out eventually.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• try Dawn dish soap in her hair
    just be super careful with it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Doesn't sound bad. Sounds normal. There are worse things toddlers can put into their hair!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Dawn is vet approved for.oil spills and sensitive wild life and for cleaning male.horses sheaths your daughters head will be fine if you use it on her hair
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 11:05 AM on Dec. 4, 2012