How to make eggs sunny side up?

yes, honestly, i don't know how lol! i always make them scrambled, fried, deviled or hard boiled. do you just not flip it?

*my 6 year old wants pancake faces for dinner, so therefore i want to make the eggs sunny side up so they'll look like eyes.

any tips would be appreciated!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Don't flip.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• how do you know when its cooked properly? the whites are non translucent and firm?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 7:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Exactly, the whites will look cooked.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:39 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• You know, I'm not really sure. I just know if you flip you'll lose that pretty yellow of the egg that you're going for. I'll bump you maybe someone else will be able to help you out more.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• okay thanks, i think im going to practice in a few minutes lol and make a few for me for breakfast to see how they turn out.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I just made them perfect for three first time the other day. With a non stick pan with a half a ts country crock for extra lube. I start out by warming the pan and touch of not so butter on high heat and crack my egg then turn down heat to medium .
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 8:12 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• a couple ways I know of was how my mom used to do it when I was a kid... .she used the bacon grease and would crack the egg and just brush it over the egg until the whites looked done. I know... not the healthiest but hey it was still good. lol

another way is to just have your pan hot enough that it won't scorch and add either cooking spray or a little butter. Crack the egg and then you can place a small pan topper on it so it will basically steam it until it's done.

That's all I have for ya... lol hope it helps! :0)
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Well this is not healthy but my dad used to put vegetable oil in the skillet, crack the egg, then spoon hot oil over the egg so the hot oil cooked the top.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• What I do us heat up the pan, spray it with butter flavored foray (to keep it light, you can use butter instead), crack the egg on another dish and carefully add it to the hot pan. Cover it for a couple of minutes. I then add just a bit of water and cover it again and check it constantly for a fully cooked white, but a runny yolk.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Don't flip them for sure I just set the pan on low before I crack the eggs and when they start to cook I pour warm water over them to let them finish cooking..
    Cher53

Answer by Cher53 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2012