37 weeks and 5 days! I went to the doctor yesterday and Im dilated!!!

I am 80% effaced 1 cm dilated and the babys head is low! I am supper excited! Should I be able to go on a walk tonight! I am really hoping to meet my baby girl soon!!! Or should I not push my self!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go for it... walks couldn't hurt.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 8:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• walking helps dilate. But I started dilating right away too.. and I ended up having to be induced (and I walked my little tushy off too LOL) so good luck and don't count on anything though because for the last month I thought every night I was going to have my son and was induced at 5 cms and 100 efaced :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Walks wont hurt but you being dilated doesn't mean anything lol. :) It could be next week or 4 weeks from now.

Enjoy walking, and sex, and spicy foods and enjoy the last weeks of your pregnancy. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you can run, run. lol

Walking isn't going to hurt anything. Unless your doctor gave you specific 'don't do' instructions, you can do everything you did before.

I walked around 1 cm dialated for almost a whole month before I went into labor.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You can walk, but it won't necessarily make you go into labor. I was 1 cm for a month before my water broke.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• WALKING IS OKAY,BUT, TRY SOME STEPS, THAT HELPED ME.CONGRATS MAMA !!!
    Anonymous

• Go for it. It could be soon. I had mine at 37 weeks and I had been dilating and effaced for about a week. Hope you see her soon! congrats!
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 10:04 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was walking when I was 4cm and 90% effaced. It doesn't hurt, just speeds everything up
    Anonymous

• It may not necessarily make labor start but it puts the babies head right on your cervix which will definitly help the dialation/effacment process. Congratulations!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i was dilated for one week at 2 cm and nothin happen my mother in law would take me walkin everyday n nothin like 1 week n half later i went to the hospital with contractions and the doctor send me home n said not today maybe tomorrow and i went back the next day at 5 am and was admit to the hospital!! so no worries let the baby take its time...
    mrz.castillo

Answer by mrz.castillo at 4:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2009