what should i do about him

My boyfriend likes to go hang out with his friends but hes son is really sick he just had two surgerys done and everytime the day after he gets home he calles his freinds and goes over there instead of helping me out with our son i mean hes not just mine so what can i tell him to make him stay with his family instead of his friends im bout to call it quits but i dont want to cause thats my sons father so what should i do

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to sit him down and communicate your issues. It sounds as though he hasn't realized that he has to grow up yet. Let him know what your expectations are and let him know what will happen if he hasn't shown a change and give a deadline. I wish you all the luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:23 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It might be his way of coping with things, I would let him know how you feel and how stressed you are and find a plan that will give you both sometime to spend together, with your son, and to get away for a little while...If that does not work then tell him to hit the road!!
    GL!!
    kayleejade03

Answer by kayleejade03 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I would tell him that you need the help and the moral support since he just got home. Try a compromise, offer for him to have a friend over to your place? Just a thought.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Ask him to split the time he would usually spend with his friends in two and spend half with the friends and half with his child, especially since the child has has surgeries. It is natural that he would want to spend time with his friends. If you put it to him as a temporary measure during the child's recovery, then he'll be more likely to agree and not feel that his relaxation time is being taken away. You also should have some relaxation time, perhaps you can have it when he takes over his part of the child care shift.

Answer by Bmat at 8:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009