What is your families favorite christmas traditions?

We always have a big Italian dinner on Christmas Eve & we go get hot chocolate then drive around looking at everyone's lights.

funlovinlady

Asked by funlovinlady at 10:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Holidays

• Christmas eve is my eldest sons birthday so we celebrate it with his birthday wishes - then we watch the video of the day he was born - still brings tears to my eyes each year

Christmas eve my husband booby traps the whole upstairs so that our boys (and Santa) can't see each other - so cute - with bells and tin cans etc.
    My husband and I wait until after midnight to wrap the kids presents from us and lay out the ones unwrapped from santa
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Clam chowder and 1 gift on Christmas eve when we were kids...now that the kids are adults and have kids, clam chowder + 1 gift on Christmas eve, plus some wine or mimosas or whatever's available to whoever isn't pregnant. Music, baking, etc.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:29 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• We have lasagna for Christmas Eve, the kids open one gift (always pajamas), and then Christmas morning we always have biscuits and gravy after waking up at 5 am to open the rest of the presents and see what Santa brought.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Our boys each open one gift, (xmas pj's). I also make my Hubby's favorite English dinner, then we watch movies, or play a game together. I might try talking Hubby into driving down to the Lake and seeing all the lights, but I'm not sure if he'll want to...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:52 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• kids get ONE gift on Christmas Eve...
    Driving around to look at the lights
    baking and decorating the sugar cookies
    watching all kinds of movies and specials- Christmas related :)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• *OH and the gian pan of Lasagna I make for Christmas dinner
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:17 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• We go to my uncle's for Christmas Eve, eat the tamales that we make 2 weeks before, then come home and the kids (now adults) open one gift like Ginger, always pajamas....when they were little I always ticked in a Christmas storybook to read at bedtime....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:41 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• The family gift from Santa and Christmas Movie Marathon. We pop popcorn, build a fire, hot chocolate and watch all our favorite Christmasmovies. We order in pizza for dinner and make a big salad.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Our traditions are sort of in flux right now. But my boyfriend likes to make chocolate cherry cookies on Christmas Eve, and butter almond toffee if he has time. I like to have a nice festive Christmas breakfast after the kids have discovered the gifts from Santa Claus. I used to love going to a nice quiet Christmas Eve service at church, but we've gotten too small to have one this year. I might check around town and see what I can find.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• we have several....

my kids always get movie tickets in their stocking which they REALLY look forward to

the best one, though, is probably the couch. every single year there's a very cool toy (something flat and with biiiiiiiiiiig wow factor) under the couch. it's saved for last, the kids coyly pretend to forget to look and it's just the coolest
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2012