Do you feel BSL is a good thing or bad thing?

if you dont know what BSL is it is Breed Specific Legisilation- bascially a ban on "bully breeds": pits, stafford terriers, rotts, akitas, and others..
personally i think its a load of BS... I have met pitbulls that wouldnt hurt a fly and pomeranians that could tear your leg off.. it has NOTHNG to do with dog and EVERYTHIN to do with the owner the only time i would be careful owning one is if i got it at and older age and didnt know about its previous owner, but if you raise them from pups they can be GREAT dogs.. that my opinion.. whats yours?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 8:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Pets

• I totally agree with you.
    Anonymous

• I totally agree as well. My brother has a pit named Lola. She's about a year old. She's as sweet as can be. She sleeps with my niece every night. I think her only problem is that she farts a lot...but so does my brother...so they are a perfect match.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I sorta agree but disagree, sometimes it is the way the dog was raised, but other times you can have the sweetest dog that something just clicks and it turns on you. There are certain breeds more prone to having something 'click' inside that causes them to turn. Plus some dogs also get more aggressive with age, so be cautious momjoy!
    Anonymous

• Agree 100%. I love my two pits. They are like my kids. It is all in how a dog is raised.
    StacyMarie1029

Answer by StacyMarie1029 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I agree but I think that there should be HARSH penalties on owners of pit bulls who attack. (or any dog for that matter)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I agree. I'm from TN and last yr there was a dog attack in Knoxville and (I hate to admit this) it was a pit bull. There was an investigation and it turns out they were abusing the dog. But before they found this out they were talking about doing a breed band. I have a pit bull and I couldn't think about not being able to have my Jakers. So I decided that I wasn't going to put up with it and the next thing I know is my Jakers and I were on the news saying that it's wrong for the Ban. I am proud to anounce that there is not a pit bull ban in Knoxville. I got a lot of people together who have wonderful pits and we proved that pits are wonderful dogs. But I hate the fact that I can't take my dog on vacation with us b/c a lot of places we want to go there is a ban on him just b/c people can't raise their dogs right.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i agree 100% my bully pit is not mean..she's just very protective of her 2 and 3 yr old kids. you come near them and i promise she'll hurt you..but that doesnt make her a bad dog, it makes her our protector
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:27 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Its all about how the dog is raised and treated daily. If the home is unstable how do you think the dog is going to be? Just like with children. Unstable home = unstable children.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:51 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I agree with you 100%. But unfortunately we can't make owner's treat their dogs better. It sucks, so laws like this may end up in effect.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:19 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• It's not the breed, it's the training and care they receive. The problem is with so many gang bangers and drug dealers out there getting a sweet little puppy and training it to be a killer. Now personally I don't care if the dog rips another gang banger or drug dealer's throat out, but they go after children or old lady's walking down the sidewalk too. I really don't know the answer to the problem, other than hope the current fascination with having a "bad axx" dog dies down. I'm just quite convinced that breed specific legislation isn't the answer. I'm afraid it's the "slippery slope" thing, if we outlaw specific breeds, how asbout dogs that are over so many inches tall, or weigh over so many pounds, or whatever? I'm afraid it could go there and with our current crop of politicians, I don't have any faith that it won't. They haven't shown any appreciable amount of sence on any other issue lately.
    Anonymous