Mother's who's children have a milk allergy...

When your child turned 1 what did you give them? Normally you'd switch to cow's milk, but what do you do if your lo is allergic? (nursing much past a year is not an option, maybe a month or two but no longer.)

I don't know that Soy or Rice milk would have the right amount of nutrients?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we switched to lactose free milk since it was a lactose issue for use

if it's the milk protien, then you would switch to either soy or rice milk.
    Anonymous

• when was the last time your baby had milk? by the age of 1 most kids grow out of milk allergies. just double check with your dr about the soy and rice milk

marissad

Answer by marissad at 8:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My little one was on soy formula but when he turned one WIC put him on lactose free milk because they dont offer soy here in AR. He has not had a problem with the lactose free milk.
    Anonymous

• I personally was allergic to milk until I was about 8. I am still allergic to milk products, I have to be careful of what I eat. My gramma and other relatives are the same. We are not lactose intolerant, that is completely different. Anyway, they sell Goats milk in most grocery stores now. If cows milk can't be tolerated goats milk is a great option. And it tastes good, my husband even likes it.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Water. Rice milk. Soy milk.

Even without the allergy! Cow's milk is not necessary.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:59 AM on Feb. 12, 2009