Do you squirrel away/hide money away for a "rainy day"?

I keep holding money on the side in the event that I truly find something I that wrong?

Asked by madmueller at 11:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Money & Work

• I've been squirreling money for the last 8 months. That's what we are buying Christmas with. If I hadn't done that .... I shudder at the though.

Answer by meooma at 12:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Years ago when I was about 18 and single and was barely getting by I stuck a $20 bill in 1 of the compartments in my wallet I never used & forgot about it. A few months later I was beyond broke and was cleaning out my purse & found it, lol!

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I put away any spare cash in my sock drawer. I use it for presents for DH or spending cash for road trips.

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I have a couple saving/investment accounts

Answer by missanc at 11:10 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I keep money in accounts. If I were to hide it I may never be able to find it again.

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I sure do. Whether it's like anon and I stick an extra $50 or $100 bill somewhere in my wallet or van, or put some off the top of my paycheck into my savings account (MY savings is for "fun". DH and my joint savings is for saving.)

Answer by idareyou at 12:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I squirreled away a twenty recently, and now I can't remember where it is.

I have a Paypal account that nobody knows about. That's the magic mommy hat that I can always pull something out of.

Answer by Ballad at 12:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I wish I could do that, but by the time bills come around I don't have anything... I mean ANYTHING left to save. sucks being broke! lol I have a savings account with nothing in it. haha

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I have $100 of each paycheck directly deposited into an interst bearing savings account.

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Nope it's all in the bank.

Answer by booklover545 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2012