Vomiting blood?????

I know this isn't a "fun" Q but I've posted it in other spots and I usually get answers better in Just for Fun.
I just heard from a friend that her niece was taken to the hospital because she was vomiting blood. She has been in the hospital 3 times in the last 2 months for dehydration. She is getting no info from her brother or her SIL about her niece. It's not a good situation and her niece has only been back in her mother's care since Christmas time.
Has anyone ever had their child vomit blood? Or know why she might? We're very concerned about this child.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• http://www.cureresearch.com/sym/vomiting_blood.htm

There are many reasons according to several articles I found. Poor child. Well, since she is in the hospital now at least they'll find the reason and treat it. I hope that your friend is able to get information. Perhaps she needs to travel to the hospital and see if she can help with sititng with the child while the parents get some rest.

Answer by Bmat at 8:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have no idea, but I'm shocked to see this in the Just for Fun category. Yikes.
    Anonymous

• Well, she did say she usually gets better answers by placing her Q in this category.

Anytime someone throws up bloods, it serious. But...the seriousness can depend. It can something as simple as a popped blood vessel or something as serious as internal bleeding.

Neither one of my DD's has ever vomited blood.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 8:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Only severe illenss or severe trauma causes vomiting blood. you mentioned she just got back in her mothers 'care'. how old is she? Someone needs to intervene before its too late.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 8:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Have you googled "why would a child throw up blood". I personally have really no idea, but I google everything. Im curious to know, so if you ever find out what it is, feel free to let me know.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• vomiting blood can be from a lot of things. . .
    my BIL had that problem & they never really figured out why.. course he's older. . .but it can be from ulcers, cancer, etc. . .
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• If you know the little girls name and her address I would call Child Protection Services as soon as you could. I know that some hospitals have rules that say they have to call CPSafter a certain amount of hospital visits in such and such amount of time but I wouldn't wait around for them if I was you. vomiting blood is never good and dehydration is terrible they must just not let her drink or something. i hope you can help her.
    Anonymous