Does anyone else get a stabbing sharp pain when they have a mixed sweet drink with alcohol??

I love sipping on strawberry Daquaris , cosmos, and pretty much any sweet drink, but when I do, I pay for it big time! It only takes a few sips. Then the pain comes about 5 - 10 min later and it hurts so bad that it's hard to breath!! I get this sharp pain in the upper middle part of my stomach, kinda under my rib cage and start sweating. It lasts for about 30 min and then I'm fine. The only thing that helps is to go outside and sit down with me head between my knees.
I have had this since I was 16 (I was in h.s and experimenting :) and only with sweet drinks and alcohol mixed. Not beer. I am not nor have I ever been a heavy drinker and barely ever drink. I just want to know what causes this because of the holiday season coming up. It would be nice to enjoy a hot buttered rum...or 2 :)

RubyBlue82

Asked by RubyBlue82 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Health

• I get pain like that if I eat a banana. I assume that I am allergic. Maybe you are allergic to the fruit in the drinks. Does wine make you feel like that? If not then it has to be the fruit.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• The next morning.... but the pain is usually in my head lol
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• If it's been happening that long, I would check with my doctor or forego drinks all together. Could be an allergic reaction, could be your liver, could be heart burn, could be your body telling you to stop because you are harming it (it doesn't matter if you don't drink heavy or often, if your body is sending you pain signals, you should listen well!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• talk to your doc would be the best thing who knows what it really could be with out some proper testing

rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I've never had that, I would definitely check with your dr to make sure it's nothing to be concerned about.

Answer by missanc at 12:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I'm not allergic to any fruit and I don't get that way from wine, but do with wine coolers, which sucks because they taste so good.... Maybe its some sort of chemical reaction in my stomach. There has to be a solution to this.....I'm going to bring it up to my Dr when I see her, but never have before because I don't drink ever and when I do I always go with beer now...
    RubyBlue82

Comment by RubyBlue82 (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• This does not happen to me. Sounds like gas pain, but odd that it only happens whenever you drink these drinks.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Sounds like an ulcer.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• reflux?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• no i dont
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:22 AM on Dec. 5, 2012