• In the Spotlight:

redness in face, very light blue tint to outside of lips and eyes?

I have been running a fever for the past 2 months,
just today and yesterday my face was all red and flushed like
and today i noticed that the outside of my mouth it has a little tiny bit of a blue tint, my husband thinks i am over reacting but i think its something serious going on. after eating dinner tonight it felt like it didnt go down the whole way im really worried anyone know what this could be?
will keeping a pillow or something under my feet when laying down make the circulation goto my face more? if not how can i get it to more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• i would go to the doctors tommrow let them know what is going on
    Anonymous

• Go to the ER. Its better to be safe then sorry
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• you should go to the dr right away. It sounds serious and it is better to be safe then sorry.
    good luck
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I agree, I think you need to go to the ER, now! Having a fever for that long, in addition to your other symptoms is NOT normal and needs to be evaluated right away. A blue tint to your face is an indication of a lack of oxygen, not necessarily a lack of circulation. If you are not getting enough oxygen, there is a reason why and it needs to be treated immediately. Please do not let your husband make you feel nothing is wrong. See a doctor right away!!

By the way, I am a Medical Assistant at a cardiology office, and if at any time our patients call in to discuss symptoms like yours the first thing we tell them is to call 911 and get to the hospital--I am not trying to scare you, but this could be serious, and it would be a terrible shame to wait too long and have serious consequences for not getting checked out. Good luck, I hope everything is ok!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 3:47 AM on Feb. 14, 2009