Any moms delivery early before 40 with a fast delivery?

After I read that question back to myself, I thought damn, I sound like a bitch!! LOL....But it is a serious question...

I have 2 children. Both were born early and super fast. 1st one 36 weeks and 4 hr labor. second 38 weeks and 2 hr labor.

I've had 2 different Drs and they have no idea why they were born early. No signs. My body just decided it was time. And as for the labor, it sounds peachy but, It was so intense!! There was nothing gradual about it at all! It was cramping for about an hour and then full on contractions until they were born.

I'm just kinda scared to have another baby. My 2nd was born in 2 hours. Does that mean my next will be be born with no signs at all!! Will it just fall out?? LOL It sounds funny but it's scary if you think about it. Do I need to camp out side the hospital when I reach 36 weeks???

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

RubyBlue82

Asked by RubyBlue82 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I went into labor at 38 weeks to the day with youngest DS (had mild labor for 3 days before)... had him within 3 hours of HARD labor.

Oldest DS was 2 days early and the longest most horrible labor EVER.

I am hoping for something similar to younger DS this time around. We shall see.

I do not think your baby will "fall out" you should feel something before that point lol.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I wasn't that early, but my 2nd was born slightly before my EDD in just a few hours. The 2 after her were a 9 hour induction at 39 weeks and a crazy long/short born the day after my EDD.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I went into labor naturally with both of my children at 37 wks.
    With my youngest, I was in labor for about 5 hrs. Thinking I had plenty of time, I ended up arriving at the hospital already crowning and gave birth exactly 13 min later.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I should probably also ask...what is your personality? I am a very mellow person that takes things with a grain of salt and hates being the center of attention...I didn't even scream with natural child birth because I didn't want anyone to hear me. lol Just wondering if your personality affects your labor...My sister is very high strung and stressed out all the time. Her labor was 2 days long...Hmmm.....I think I'm on to something :)
    RubyBlue82

Comment by RubyBlue82 (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Nope, I'm a type A. I honestly just didn't realize that 2nd babies came much quicker. I was in labor for 24 hrs with my oldest so, like I said, I thought I had time.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I know what you mean about thinking you have plenty of time. With my first, no one showed up until after she was born because they thought since I was a first time laboring mom, they had plenty of time before they had to come. Even with my second , when I called to say I was coming in, the nurse on the phone had the nerve to tell me to take my time, take a shower and go get something to eat!! I was like "No BITCH! I'm coming NOW!!" LOL Good thing because I could have birthed my DD on the McDonalds floor! lol Her name might have been McWrap! lol Just goes to show, always listen to your gut :)
    RubyBlue82

Comment by RubyBlue82 (original poster) at 1:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• After I read that question I said ... what? I still don't understand the question.

My labor was 6 hours at 38 weeks. I went from a 3 to a 10 in half an hour.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• My third baby was actually right on his due date whereas my first two boys were early. All my deliveries were fast but the last one was super fast ! If I had waited one more hour I would have delivered at home. lol
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• What don't you understand about the question staci? Just wondering if anyone delivered under 40 wks with a fast delivery? You answered it right lol I just feel like when I tell people about my births they think its crazy and uncommon...so just wondering how many other moms are like me and if I should worry about having a 3rd
    RubyBlue82

Comment by RubyBlue82 (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Ya just never know what to expect.
    My 1st pregnancy was great & had 4 hours labour but was full term
    My 2nd pregnancy was hard, stressful and I deliver within 57 minutes, had to drive to the hospital in RUSH HOUR, I really thought I was going to have my son in our truck, and I was full term also, it was crazy.
    It is something ya just don't know until you go through it. GL on what ya decide : D
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2012