how many of you....

how many of you really get along with your inlaws or SO parents?
i dont hate my inlaws-they just drive me crazy. my mil obsesses and thinks that everything we do should be done differently. my fil is ok-very reserved. he nevers shows excitment, love, or any other emtion. hes just blah. thank goodness i dont live close to them anymore. we moved 500 miles from any family. lol.

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont care for my inlaws. My mil is just obsessed with being my baby's mom and my fil is just goofy. they have never really been active like my parents are in my baby's life so that is about it.
    Anonymous

• My MIL is very involved in our sex life and arguments. lol...I don't mind it though because she always sides with me.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My husbands parents have passed away. I never knew them. He was closest to his mother(his father left the family when DH was small and we just found out last fall about the dads passing).

He has siblings but has been seperated from them since their mom passed. Last month we were blessed to have reunited with them and he is on his way to restitching his family strongly back together. So right now, I dont know his siblings and their families very well nor do they know me. The one brother Ive met and his family seem very nice and have been very kind to all of us.

Its been great...
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 9:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I absolutely love my inlaws. My mother died about 5 years ago and me and my father aren't very close, so we've pretty much adopted each other as family. My FIL is a bit crazy and I don't agree with alot of his views, but its not something we argue over. He's the type that will go out of his way to make sure his family has everything they need. And my MIL is crazy as well (aren't we all though?) but she's not pushy or overbearing to me, lets me make my own decisions when it comes to the baby and doesn't try to intervene, only tell me stories from when she raised her kids. I guess I lucked out, hehe.
    DruidessMommy

Answer by DruidessMommy at 9:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My In-Laws hate me!!! They accuse me of keeping their son away from them, but I have to make hubby call & check on them!
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My MIL passed away 4 years ago but she was the greatest! My FIL is awesome! He's just the sweetest guy, will do anything for us. He's actually going to Florida with my husband and I to visit my parents. He went with us 2 years ago also. I love how our families get along!
    Anonymous

• Haha...I live with mine and they never fail to drive me up a wall. My MIL is alright I guess. She just gets super bitchy when Aunty Flow is on her way lol. FIL is absolutely nuts. He abused my hubby when he was a child. And now he screams and fights with me about the stupidest things. He thinks that my DD should never cry...ever. He tells me I should just give her what she wants so that she wont cry. AHH! And they are both very...lazy? Idk. I cant stand them though.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Nope. My fiance can't stand his own mother either. That's why we're 3,000 miles away from her. She's visiting in April, and he doesn't care at all. She's a vicious person, and it's really sad.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 9:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I get along with my in laws but I can't stand my DH step mother. She is soooo two face. It is so bad that when our daughter is born she is not coming cause she thinks my mother in law will be here. She still thinks that she is the other woman I guess....lol
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• me and my husbands family are akward together ever since I threatened to unplugg my husbands grandma when she was on life support. His grandma called me a skank.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:38 AM on Feb. 12, 2009