Maybe I picked the wrong gift?

I was so happy because I found a queen-sized synthetic down comforter for half price. Really fluffy, made with microfiber, as soft as you please. I got it for my boyfriend because he's been wanting one. But then a friend told me my boyfriend would think it was sort of a selfish gift, since it's for us both to use and I'll really enjoy it, too. I didn't mean it that way--I really don't care what comforter we use, and the ones we have now came from thrift stores. I can't return the comforter, and I know he'll really like it, but should I pick out something else too? The thing is, we pledged to stick to a one-gift rule for each other this year because our budget is tight. This is wy the holidays stress me out--I buy stuff with good intentions, then wonder if it's the right thing, or if someone will get hurt feelings.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Holidays

• How does your friend know what your boyfriend will think better than you do? Trust your instincts. If YOU had expressed a desire for one and got it for him, now that would be selfish. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Give it to him. He's expressed a desire for one, you got him one, everyone's happy!
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• give it to him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• If he will like it, you should give it to him, if he doesn't want it, I will take it! I think it is very thoughtful!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• If her requested one then it's for him. I wanted flannel sheets for Christmas one year because they're toasty warm in our old farm house. He got them for me but we both enjoy them. I wanted to go camping on my birthday and we went as a family. Needless to say we all enjoyed it but I got what I wanted.

Give it to him and let him enjoy it with you. I'm sure he has all sorts of wonderful ideas for it with you.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• give it to him, its not selfish
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• its totally not selfish!! Maybe part of the reason he wants one so much is because you will be snuggled up with him!!!! Just because you share something, it doesnt mean it detracts from its value.... If I got a new Mercedes, would I only like it if I rode in it by myself???? LOL (totally not going to get one... jk)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I think it's a perfect gift. My dh and I often buy each other gifts for the house.

Answer by missanc at 2:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• i'd give it to him. my in laws gave me a blanket for christmas, we both use it.

for your friend, the only reason i can think of her telling you that was because she was thinking of getting you that as a joint gift. but that's just my opinion. i might be wrong
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• its not a selfish gift its a practical gift and he wants it so I am sure he will be happy with it.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2012