This is a major vent and i need mothers of bus riders oppinion

ok, it started friday, i was late for picking up the girls at the bus stop. this mother came up and started yelling at my oldest (10) about what my oldest didn't know. the crossing guard told the mother to wait for another minute and their mother will be here. she took off.
this morning while waiting for the bus i confronted the mother to find out what was going on. (she didn't stick around yesterday after the bus got there) she said my oldest and youngest (5th and k) has been hitting her son. her son and my middle daughter are in the same class. have been since k and there haven't been any problems. my oldest because she's a 5th grader sits in the back of the bus. she has never even sat next to him since school started. my youngest daughter sat next to him twice and he pinched her both times. he punched another girl in the arm when she was sitting next to him a week later. he stopped riding the bus for a full two weeks after he hit another kid.
now his mother is telling me that she's going to get the girls kicked off the bus and hopefully out of that school. the bus driver, (who i talk to every day) said that my girls has never touched him. he's the one who can't keep his hands to himself.
now here's the kicker, my middle daughter is the only one who can sit next to him and he won't touch her at all. last year she dealt with a bully and he knows she will hurt him really bad if he tried to hit her. (the teachers weren't able to get to them fast enough. the boy pushed her down and then stepped on her fingers. so she kicked him a good one.)
i emailed all three teachers and asked if they had seen or heard anything about them hurting the boy while in class. the bus driver told me that they have videos of the rides that will be reviewed if the lady does go to the board of education.
is there anything else i can do? has anyone else went threw this?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It doesn't matter how old your daughter looks, she should not be approaching your kids at all.

As for me, if another parent ever approached my child and started yelling at them, I would be in her face telling her that she better stay the hell away from my kids or her worries about her kid being picked on will be the least of her concerns. Sorry, but NO ONE yells at my kids.

I'd go to the school and explain that this crazy witch is yelling at your kids and claiming they're picking on her kid, but that the bus driver says her kid is the problem. Then I'd demand that something be done about it - whether they put her kid in an isolated seat on the bus or kick him off completely would make no difference to me, but I would not let it drop until something was done.

I had a friend once who had to resort to calling the sheriff when nothing was done - sometimes it really does come to that.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I've never gone through this, but is the bus so packed that someone has to sit next to him at all?
    Next, I would go directly to the school to let them know what is being said, that the driver says there was no contact and that he is the problem. I would do this even if the other parent hasn't complained, yet.
    Next I would go to the police if other parent so much as looked at my kid, let alone yell at her.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 1:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I know that my Sons school has an adult in charge of bus safety & discipline. I would call that person & have your Daughters & the boy have assigned seats up front on the bus on opposite sides. Make really sure that your Daughters are not instigating his actions. Have them not look or talk to him at all. Have them take a book or magazine on the bus to keep them busy.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Sounds to me like that kid is the one that needs to be kicked off the bus, not your daughters.

As far as what to do, I would contact the school. If he has been that much of a bully on the bus, I am sure they are aware of who he is and what he has been doing, since he is bugging all the kids on the bus. And, as the driver said, most buses are equipped with video surveilance cameras and the teachers and principal can and will review those if a problem is brought to their attention. It may turn out tht this child either has to been taken off the bus entirely or ride with a supervisor. I wouldn't worry to much since it sounds like the child is the problem.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• the crossing guards are controlled by the police so i will talk to her about having one around from now on.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• he's been sitting right behind the bus driver since holloween. but there are alot of kids on the bus and like i said the only one who he hasn't hit is my oldest and middle child. and she's not even pointing a finger at my middle, just my oldest and youngest! and my oldest has been the only one on the bus who hasn't had to change seats.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• i know last year he gave their teacher a lot of trouble and my daughter will come home and tell me that he was cussing their new teacher out again. i have 30 minutes before i leave the house to pick up the kids. i'm going to start leaving early just to make sure that lady don't yell at the girls any more. my oldest is 10 and she looks like she's 15.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2012