is it normal to wonder how you will love your second child?

So i'm 3 weeks away from number two. I have a little girl that is my WORLD... a baby boy on the way and i can't get excited. I feel guilty but I feel like i'm going to be taking away from my angel and i can't imagine a world where i can love another.... i know it's just in my mind but someone please tell me it's normal!!!

sschlott

Asked by sschlott at 9:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ab-so-lutely normal. Just wait until your little man is in your arms! You have enough love in you for both of them and you're not taking away from your dd, you're giving her a wonderful gift! I have 3 of my own and I love each of them with my whole heart, not one any less than the others.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Oh my yes it is sooo normal. I had exactly the same worries when I was expecting my second child. I was so involve with and loved my first so much and I didn't want to take away any of that love from him. Let me assure you that you'll love your second just as much. Your love expands to cover both children. May you have much happiness with your family and congratulations!

Answer by Bmat at 9:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• quite the contrary, not only will you have enough love for your second child, but you may spoil the second more as well.... seems to be my problem, since I know he is the baby of the 2 lol - Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 9:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I felt that way right before I got pregnant with my second baby. He was 2 1/2 then. I remember crying to my friend on our way to errands. She had kids and told me it was normal. And if i got pregnant most likely the love would just come. She was right.
    Anonymous

• You never KNOW anything in life until it happens.
    Remember that boyfriend that you couldn't get over and you couldnt IMAGINE liking another
    boy more than him cuz he is just the hottest...?
    someone else will always come along.
    My daughter was 17 monthes when I gave birth to my second daughter, and the moment
    I saw my second daughter I was in love (aside from the fact that she looked just like my first).
    Its natural to wonder, and its just as natural to love.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 11:40 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I've got a 13 month old daughter. I'm pregnant again. i feel guilty for even getting pregnant, because i cannot fathom ever loving another child as much as i do my daughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Normal...and you'll laugh at yourself later for the thought.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 5:25 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• just remember that love multiplies and never divides...the feelings will come and the guilt will vanish...
    Micahbabysmommy

Answer by Micahbabysmommy at 10:32 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• yes it is normal i am due in april with the same issue.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:13 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Normal....let me put it like this, love is not a matter of division...but rather multiplication. Your love will not be devided between the two rather multiply when he/she is born. Just you wait and see. Tell me I am wrong! You won't!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:23 AM on Feb. 13, 2009