baby exzcema

Does your child have this? What do you do when they have flare ups and how do you maintain it? My son has it everywhere! He's miserable and keeps scratching.

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 9:11 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby used to get dry patches, but the doctor told me that it wasn't eczema.
    The DR just told me to keep my babie's skin moisturized.
    I used EUCERIN's AQUAPHOR, AVEENO creams, and this
    JOHNSON's baby balm that comes in a chap-stick like tube.
    Some people get flare ups in the summer and others in the
    winter. I hope that your baby feels better.
    bronxcouture

Answer by bronxcouture at 9:24 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My son has it really bad he will just cry himself to sleep scratching sometimes!! I use the oatmeal aveeno and EVERYTHING detergant, lotion, baby wash , dryer sheets HAS to be unsented or hypoallergenic!! but if he flares up nothing really helps but I always keep im in footed jammies so he cannot itch
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My DD is 3 and it got worse as she got older. When she was 2 we took her 2 the dr 4 it and they gave her a steroid cream. It is called Desonide (by prescription only). I now have a 15 month old son who has some slight excema on his back so when I think of it I will put a little of that cream on his back. But my DD has it way worse, back, back of knees, inside of elbows. I had it really bad when i was a kid too. i have kind of grown out of it now. i think it is worse in the winter, and will kind of clear up in the summer.
    lionslambs

Answer by lionslambs at 9:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Be careful using eucerin on a baby under two--it's not recommended for younger than 2. it even says so on the bottle. besides it has petroleum in it, as does vaseline. Petroleum and petroleum-based products like vaseline, glycerine/glycerol, etc. can seep into baby's skin and be harmful. petroleum comes from crude oil--the same stuff they make gasoline out of.

i use Medela Advanced nipple therapy. it's lanolin and beta-glucan. Lanolin comes from sheep's wool, it's an oil their skin makes that's a lot like our own skin's oils. beta-glucan comes from plants and has healing and anti-bacterial properties. Both of these together heal the open sores caused by scratching very quickly. my DD's excema is GONE within 12-24 hours and she immediately stops itching and scratching. you don't need very much, either. you can get it at target in the breastfeeding section.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 9:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• his "exzcema" looks like a rash it's not in the normal areas that you would think...behind the knees and elbows...the doctor also thinks he might be allergic to wool because the lotion I was using on him seemed to make him worse so nothing with lanolin will work.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 10:07 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My daughter she is 21 now and has it really bad. Moisture therapy intensive is what she uses during the colder months. It really takes care of it but we have found that we have to switch. During the summer during warmer weather it isn't so bad and during the warmer seasons she uses Skin So soft Dual softening moisture lotion.
    lisajohnston707

Answer by lisajohnston707 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My mom said I had dry skin as a child and she used Nivea creams on me and nothing else worked because I broke out in rashes with the other products. Now I use it all the time and I'm 54 years old.
    melody214

Answer by melody214 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• use eucerin cream.. the best
    Anonymous

• My Pediatrician and my dermatologist both recommended Eucerin's Aquaphor for my 5 month old.
    HeatherChicky

Answer by HeatherChicky at 10:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• My company has several items that would help your babies exzcema. I would love to tell you more about it. Please contact me at www.just4today.freedomunitedteam.com
    justfortoday

Answer by justfortoday at 7:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009