Throwing up:/ This sucks!

Theres days when i dont throw up at all i can eat everything and anything. Then theres certain days like today when i can't keep anything down i feel horrible. Is this normal. I threw up everything i ate and since i havent eaten because i throw it up im throwing up what looks like saliva. Earlier today i threw up stomach acid. I just feel awful what can i do?

mylovelylife

Asked by mylovelylife at 3:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor, they can give you something to help. Crackers and ginger are good too if you do not have a doctor yet.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• totally normal.. some days will be better then others.. your throwing up saliva and acid because your stomache is empty and believe it or not morning sickness is worse when your stomache is empty so try and get something down.. maybe fruit or something light but still heavy enough to make you feel like youve eaten.. saltines never really helped me..
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 6, 2012

• I feel your pain. I kept waiting for the morning sickness to end but I basically puked all day every day the entire 9 months. some women can get a condition called hyperemesis gravidum. The real problem is the risk of dehydration. If all you do is puke go to your doc or to the ER. You can be given IV fluids if you need them and there are some meds that can be safely taken during pregnancy to help you reduce the frequency of the vomitting but they don't stop it completely. drink as much as you can and if you can't keep it down be sure to get checked out. I found that very strong peppermints sometimes held off the nausea long enough to make it to a bathroom. Carry plastic bags, baby wipes and a clean shirt with you for when you can't. I didn't gain more than 5 pounds til around 8 months. Then it got a little easier. Avoid strong smells.Sip flat gingerale. Nothing made it better really so keep thinking its only 9 months..
    LBoogie0617

Answer by LBoogie0617 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2012