Found an interesting link about CM on Reddit today...

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/x7nod/reddit_i_am_having_issues_with_another_site_cyber/

FreeForAll

Asked by FreeForAll at 4:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in About CafeMom

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Interesting...is cyber bullying that bad on CM. I guess I've always flown under the radar, because I don't really see it that much.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 4:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I have heard rumors of this event but I was here during that time and I never, ever saw it. I know others spoke about it, in hindsight, but I wasn't a witness to it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 4:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• ROFLMAO. Rather than list all the things wrong with that giant block of text, how about we just address the biggest lie of all. CM is not, and never was, a support group. It's a marketing site. They say so in their own description.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

There have been multiple events like that, but it sounds like the one they're describing happened in groups if it happened at all - there is no "locking" out here. They can lock in groups, but it's still more common just to delete. And if it is a group - chances are the "admin" they're complaining about was a member, since it sounds exactly like what happens in pretty much every post in every "Bitch Group" on CM.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I've never saw any of this so I don't  know if this is accurate or more Internet fantasy. I will say its hard to parent a bunch of grown ups, but there are certain times when the site turns a blind eye to insults but some politically incorrect comments are jumped on.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I thought the advice given to the complainer was pretty good. If you feel bullied in cyberspace, walk away. Go out for a cup of coffee. Play Chutes and Ladders with your family. Watch TV. Come back later, or not. The possibilities are endless. I would have been on the site when all of this took place, but I don't remember it. I try to stay out of the mud as much as possible.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Pretty sure this happened in groups because we wouldn't let it fly on Answers.
    FreeForAll

Comment by FreeForAll (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• it happens. ive never seen it on Answers and i long ago called it quits in groups (tho i admit visiting one or two when im really really bored). the reason i stick to Answers has a lot to do w/ the locking out and psycho group owner/admins behaviors in most groups. i bet the "egging on" for the suicide was b/c the suicidal person had been bitching for weeks in the group and the others probably thought she was just trying to get attention.

what cracks me up tho is the reddit responses..."get off the internet", "find another site", etc. if only there was another site...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• IF that in fact happened. That is pretty scary.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2012