my 14yr old having hard time in school

my daughter is hearing impaired and speech delayed.seems other kids are always trying to fight her or saying she is cursing which is not allowed.ithink they miss understand her. she says this sucks and it turns into she said the f word .i have called meeting such as ieps and meetings with teachers and princial,seem they have her marked as a mean kid and now we are having to have her tested for panic attacks.does anyone have any advice ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Does your daughter have hearing aides?
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 9:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Continue to be there for her, somehow someway you 2 will get thru this. Stay by her side & show her as much love as i'm sure you already are. Sometimes at school kids can be so mean & other peoples behavior sucks. It's too bad those kids parents don't teach their kids better than to make fun of people. Good luck!
    Me2dznb

Answer by Me2dznb at 9:53 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• oh I am so sorry. There are lawyers who specialize in education law. Some give free consults over the phone and sometimes an appointm. consult is free, with others there's a fee. Try martindalehubble or hubbard education lawyers. Does she have a 504 and IEP or one or the other? Maybe try a meeting with school and board? Look under lawyers and give one a call for advice. I'm sorry, so stressful.
    Anonymous

• A good place for kids to be accepted is with 4 H. They have community service groups as well as specific animal groups and all you have to have is an interest in any of it. You don't have to have a cow to be in a farm group or whatever type of animal. The leaders are very compassionate and the kids very welcoming. It'd be run by your County probably Extension center. Or Just try googling 4H and somehow you'll get closer or hit your county. Also does her school have community service clubs that visit nursing homes etc. They can be very accepting too. Thinking of you.
    Anonymous

• I don't have any advice, just want to let you know I will be thinking positive thoughts for you. Please let us know how things go.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Have you thought about sending her to a school that is specially for the hearing impaired? I'm sure she would be able to get ALOT of help there, and would be able to have peers that are going through the same things as she is. Might give her a better oppurtunity to make friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• send her to a special school ... its just going to get worse as she gets older. ... by u keeping her in a public school YOUR making it worse!!
    Anonymous