Tip of penis is red

When I was changing my 6 month old son's diaper I noticed that the tip of his penis was red and almost looked like a small sore. But his bottom also looked really red. It didn't hurt him at all, and it's not a rash. He pooped 3 times today, so could that be why? Or something else? He isn't circumcised.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be, if you want to be sure call your pedi. I always put diaper rash cream on my kids after every diaper change.
    Anonymous

• why would you chop off the tip of your son's penis? THAT'S horrible. If you can't answer the question, leave.
    Anonymous

• sounds like a yeast infection...Both my boys had it when they were babies. I took them to the doc and they had to take liquid Nystatin (sp?) for a while and a cream......

Hope your little one is ok!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I don't think that the person asked about whether or not to circumcise her son. She asked about her son possible having a rash or other problem so stick to the darn question.

Back to the question. Try some Vaseline and see if that helps if it doesn't clear it never hurts to call a dr.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009