I'm re-asking.

I mentioned the tip of my son's penis is red. It doesn't hurt him and it doesn't look like a rash. Does anyone know what it can be? Anyone experienced this?

P.S. If you're not mature enough to answer, please don't.

Thank you to those who answered nicely.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im sorry I just found your last question, and now understand why you left that info out. Anyway, Id call the Dr and ask. He could have some bacteria in the area causing it...and a cream would clear it up. I wouldn't worry though, I imagine this is not something rare that can't be fixed...and if he is not hurting then you could probably hold off till morning and make a call to the Dr.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 10:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Could it be a diaper rash? My son had it and I used desitin and changed his diapers ALOT! If it doesn't go away or seems to bother him when you put the ointment on it might be a yeast infection and you will have to take him to the dr.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I was thinking it might be a diaper rash but it doesn't look like a rash cuz it's only at the tip. And it doesn't hurt or bother him at all.
    Anonymous

• my little one had some redness. I took him to the doc & she said it was from rubbing in his diaper. She suggested alternating A&D ointment & an antibacterial ointment like Neosporian. Might help.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• How old is he? Was he circumcised? When did it turn red?
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 10:05 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• He's 6 months, he is not circumcised, and I just noticed it today. It wasn't like that last night.
    Anonymous

• I just went thru this with my son..the dr. actually had to pull the skin back down(pop it back thru) he told me to pull it back and wash it during bath time and for the redness use some neosporin.He'll be fine, but take him to the dr. to make sure its ok!
    Anonymous

• Is it the tip of his foreskin, or the tip of the glands? You should not see the tip of his glands, as you are never supposed to retract his foreskin. ask in this group, they will be able to help you http://www.cafemom.com/group/intact

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 11:57 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• DO NOT LISTEN TO THE ANONYMOUS POSTER ABOVE ME!!!! NEVER EVER RETRACT HIS FORESKIN!!!!
    Her Doctor is horribly misinformed. Early retraction can cause permanent damage! Go to the intact boys group, read up on Intact Care.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 12:05 AM on Feb. 12, 2009