We have lived in our home for over 10years now our neighbors have 4 children living at home ages 12,7, 3, and 1.

We never see the 12yr. old , the 7yr old is a girl we have a son 8. The neighbor girl is very snotty and rude to my son and us. I have warned her many time the last time she told my son that she was not going to give him his squirt gun because it was on her property (it was actually on ours & he was picking up) I went out and asked what the problem was she said it was hers now because he left it on there property. I told her no and he would not be playing with her for awhile and for her to think about the way she was acting.the 3yr. old has now started climbing on top of the privacy fence calling my son names when he is playing in the back yard and the 7yr old girl stands by our gate at the same time egging him on. Also the 3yr old rides his bike or skateboard up and down the middle of the road and into neighbors closed garage doors sometimes until 10pm at night or later. We never see the parents, and my problem is the mom n

tlawshea

Asked by tlawshea at 5:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in General Parenting

• I would go talk to the parents, and ask them to keep their kids off your fence. If they won't do anything about it I guess just try to keep your kids away from them.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 5:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• But how do I talk to her when she speaks spanish and I do not??
    tlawshea

Comment by tlawshea (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• i would make a point to knock on the door and meet the parents, like today! I assume that the gun was in the front yard? I would keep my children confined to the back yard, and if the children climb on the fence tell them to get off. I would also investigate how a 3 year old is out at 10 o'clock at night alone? I would call the police if I saw a toddler alone after dark, and I assume the neighbors should know a unattended child is on the property? I think you need to keep you kids away from them, and also have a come to jesus with the parents.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 5:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Have the 12 year old interpret for you.
    jerseydiva

• You don't you call CPS.

Answer by louise2 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Totally agree about the 3yr old being out, but every once in awhile the mom would come out to check on him, but again she doesn't speak english. I have kept my kids confined to the backyard however when the neighbors kids are climbing on the fence(which is theres) I tell them to get down but it is Their fence! I would love to be able to knock on the door and have a chat, but unfortunately because of the language barrier.... I am just not sure how to handle it?
    tlawshea

Comment by tlawshea (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• "every once in awhile the mom would come out to check on him"

a 3 yr old, outside in the dark, unattended except for intermittent glances. Yeah, that's a kidnapping waiting to happen. Call CPS, let them sort it out.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• put a no trespass sign on your property and have some one draft a letter in spanish to tell them to keep their kids off your property
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• it sounds like their is sme serious neglect going on!! you need to call the police or cps...that 3yr has no reason to be out that late in the dark in the middle of the road!! someone is going to hit him with their car. i think it sounds like these kids are acting out for attention..about the language barrier you can wright her a letter and have it translated into spanish their are many websites you can google for this...best thing for you to do is call cps jmo....good luck

rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I would worry that the three-year-old might be abducted or run over in the dark. Personally, I would call the police if I ever saw that going on, and let them talk to the parents. If you tell me what you want to say, I could draft a note in Spanish for you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2012