Is this normal?! adult content

I started my period on the 1st then stopped on the 3rd and today i have pain in my left pelvis very very sharp pain and i am bleeding bright red blood and clots. Should i seek medical help or is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Health

• If you feel it's not normal for you, and it's bothering you, I'd seek medical help. You could try an urgent care center if you don't want to go to the ER, or you could even try calling your gyno and see what he/she has to say. But my rule has always been that I know my own body and if I feel it's not normal, I get it checked out. If I'm told that it's perfectly normal, so be it. But I'd rather have that confirmed by a doctor than bleed to death because I wasn't sure and didn't want to go to the doctor.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• If you are heavily saturating maxi pads one after another more so than a heavy period, I would go to the ER.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Very sharp pain and bright red along with clots would indicate to me that at least a call to a nurse would be in order. It's probably nothing, but it's better to be safe than to worry about it and for it to be something that should be checked out.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• If you are saturating one pad every fifteen minutes, or four pads an hour, you are having a medical emergency and you need to seek immediate help. If the bleeding isn't that heavy but the blood is bright red, I would recommend going to an urgent care center, just in case. It might be possible that you got pregnant and are having a very early miscarriage, which shouldn't be harmful to you, but it's worth getting checked out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• yes you should definitely go see your gyn to make sure everything is ok cuz that doesnt seem right
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2012