Sleep Schedule out of whack

My daughter's schedule is completely out of control. Somehow she took a late night nap(which I mistakened for bedtime. I thought she was done for the night) over the weekend and she ended up staying SUPER LATE and now she's sleeping SUPER LATE. How can I fix this? Please don't judge. I don't know how this happened. SHe was doing fine up until this weekend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why would anybody judge? It's happened to all of us. One thing that might help is to wake her up in the morning, even if she doesn't want to wake up, and get her interested in something she likes. Try to keep her active early in the day, then slow her down as late afternoon turns into evening. That way she'll want to go to bed earlier at night. Also, keep to a bedtime routine--brush your teeth, read a book, put on a nightgown, be tucked in, etc. I always put on a CD for my daughter, and she's usually asleep before the music turns itself off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• I'd never judge you, because I have been in out of a really late schedule with my L/O. It's tough. Some of the things I have tried that seem to help are pointing out when the sun is going down and talking about the evening routine dinner, bath , books and bed. Get her up earlier. Run her around a lot while you are trying to make this transition. The key thing is to try and shave off 15 min (30 if you push it) a night. GL
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Not sure exactly how old she is if shes closer to 1 or 2, how many day time naps is she having 1 or 2? I agree with Ballad, and I wouldnt let the daytime nap/naps be too long either and definently not late in the afternoon for the afternoon nap earlier the better.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2012