Anyone know why she does this?

My five month old does this thing where she puts her hand over her face and makes a sound like a stridor until she moves her hand. She'll do it with toys and blankets too. Or if I touch the top of her head she does it. Sometimes she just does it.. without anything being near her face.. anyone else have experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she's probably just bein silly...my son does it exxcept he snorts.He just wants to be silly I'm sure its the ssame with your baby.If it concerns you tho bring it up to her dr.
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 11:27 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• What's a stridor? My son is 6 months and plays with his hands and squeels and has played hide and seek or peak a boo with himself with blankets and cloths for a long time now....maybe around 4 months. Thinking my son does similiar to your daughter. He growls and different noises. I think it's hysterical. He is entertaining himself and enjoying learning the different sounds he can make.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• It's more like she's freaking out because she can't breathe- but she's breathing? I don't know it's very strange and it makes me nervous.
    Anonymous