My mother in law said today she dont want another grand kid right now... but me and dh are trying to conceive.

well today we're having a get together at my home...both my in laws, sister in law , my mom, my two brothers and sister were there. my brother has a girlfriend who has the most adorable 10 month old baby girl so everybody was adoring her,my mil picked her up..so my mom asked her, "you want another grandchild. and she was like no not right now! little that she knows my husband and i are recently trying to conceive lol.. i feel like she don't want me to have another kid because she thinks her first grandchild will receive"less" attention (he's my step son).every time we talk about my son, take him somewhere, or buy him something shes like what about him. he doesn't live with us full time so of course my son has a room full of his stuff,like his brother has his own stuff at his home. we get him as much as we can! its like she wants our home to pause until we get him. sorry just venting... now i feel a little bad because i feel like shes going to be upset when she hears the news.

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 10:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Relationships

• It's not her decision. Why worry about it...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Its really none of her business...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Too bad for her. When it's her uterus that is carrying it she can have a say. So, for the sake of argument, if she isn't ready and you get pregnant, will she acknowledge your baby once it's born, or only after she feels ready to accept him / her?

I guess the only other time she might have a valid opinion is if she is the childcare provider.  I can see not wanting to be watching an infant and a toddler at the same time.  

Otherwise, good luck and lots of baby dust to you.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• It's not her choice!! Who cares what she thinks... she's not having a baby! Too bad for her!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Eh, I wouldn't worry about it. Not her decision to make. If you weren't trying and she said she wanted another grandchild right now, would that make a difference?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Tell her she can do what she wants with her uterus, but this one is yours, and none of her business.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• Well luckily for you thats not her decision to make, we cant make decisions based on how our family feels about them
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• don't worry about her. She doesn't get to make the decisions about your life and your kids.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2012

• You can't put your life's on hold because she feels this way. It's not like she is raising or supporting the children you already have. Right?
    Anonymous

• no she doesn't watch my son...she has watched him maybe 6 times, hes three now. we only visit her or she visits us. I'm just a little upset about the way she said no like that. and know i feel like she's going to think i did it on purpose. its also a little humorous.

mellyhayes

Comment by mellyhayes (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2012