what product is best for my 20yr old dandruff, that will not go away?

4mycap

Asked by 4mycap at 10:10 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Have you tried T-Gel shampoo?
    Anonymous

• First of all drink LOTS of water! I have dealt with horrible dandruff all my life. I find that Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment shampoo works the best. It's the dark blue bottle! :) I have tried that T-Gel shampoo but it just made it worse, and I have tried Selsun Blue (sp?) and it don't work at all! I tried cheap brands and expensive brands but like I said...the one that works best for me is the Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment! Sometime it's hard to find on the shelf but I always find it.... :)

Good luck!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I think TGel could be good but some brands of it have tar in it and there was something about hair care tar and cancer. maybe nothing came of it I don't remember. I use lubriderm sensitive skin nongreasy skin lotion on my kids scalps because dandruff is dry skin scalp and the product is for dry skin. Put it on over a weekend several times each day wetting your scalp with it and then when your scalp is still damp but more dry, rinse it out and start all over again. Do that over the weekend or when there are a couple or few days together to do it. Wet lather sit rinse repeat over and over except of course when you must sleep. After a couple of days of this use neutrogena shampoo there are several kinds w/o tar. If you still have dandruff comb it out with a small comb with a stocking drawn over it to catch the dandruff. Keep up with the body skin lotion once dandruff gone every other to three days the most then shampoo.
    Anonymous

• you could also use a clarifying shampoo and conditioner along with the head and shoulders.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have tried the T-Gel and it wasn't bad but I agree with the concerns about the tar.
    I have also tried putting an oil directly on my scalp and leaving it overnight when it was soo bad that my scalp was flaking off in chunks. To wash it out of your hair put shampoo on dry hair and lather then apply water. Oil and water don't mix so if you wet it first you hair won't get as clean.
    I have recently switched to a shampoo with Tea Tree oil in it. My scalp is feeling much better.
    It is an Arbonne product and there are no added dyes or fragrances.
    You see more about the products at http://try.myarbonne.com
    If you would like me to send you a sample, just let me know.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 2:02 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Selsum Blue has always worked for us. Good luck
    pattecake

Answer by pattecake at 9:15 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• head and shoulders
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 12, 2009