My daughters temp keeps going up an down what do I do??

Shes 5 months it goes from 99.9 to 98.5 back to 99.7 I gave her Ivey only helped for five mins

Babycuddles

Asked by Babycuddles at 11:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have you given her a luke warm bath, some tylenol, im not sure what ivey is? If it doesnt come down and stay down for a few hours after tylenol I would make a Drs appointment just to make sure its not an ear infection.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• and at least its a low grade fever, but it could still be the beginning of an ear infection....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I'm not sure what Ivey is, but in a small baby a 1 degree temperature isn't too much. I'd keep an eye on it, check with your pediatrician, to see if you can give her baby tylenol or ibuprofen, cool her with cool wet washcloths, and just watch to make sure it doesn't go up.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• if u are that worried about the fever take her to the doctor, better safe than sorry is my motto
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• The fever is very low grade. A mild fever isn't always a bad thing. It's a sign her immune system is responding and fighting off whatever bug she's come across. It's more important to observe her overall health and demeanor. Is she eating normally, having wet diapers at a normal rate, more cranky or tired than normal?. If she seems fine other than the low grade temp just give infant tylenol as needed and make sure she stays cool and gets fluids. Keep an eye out for any changes. If the temp doesn't respond to tylenol or you notice any other changes in her usual behavior call your pediatrician for advice. Take her in if her temp gets over 100.4 , she stops taking fluids or doesn't have wet diapers frequently. Sometimes babies can get a mild fever when they start to cut teeth so also check her gums to see if one is coming in.
    LBoogie0617

Answer by LBoogie0617 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 7, 2012

• call dr
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 9:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2014