Question of Timing After Death

So my daughter was named after a wolf at a place where I used to volunteer. Well, she wasn't really named "after" her, but I fell in love with the wolf's name and we chose to give that same name to DD. At this place, you can spend $125 to "adopt" a wolf and then get your picture taken with that wolf. Back in September I paid for the "adoption" so DD could have her picture with said wolf.

Well...on the day we were scheduled to come, the other wolf in the enclosure was dying from liver cancer (very quick, he was "fine" previous day...there was yet another, but he died last year). So things were sad, all volunteers were there to say good-bye to him, owner was in tears (these wolves are his life)...yet he wanted to try to get a picture of DD and the wolf together...the wolf did not cooperate (understandable). We left there with him saying we will get it done soon and me saying for him to just contact me when he thinks will be a good time for the wolf.

It's been over two months and no word. I don't want to be insensitive, but I want to get this done. One big thing is that this wolf turns 16 (YES...SIXTEEN) in April. If this is going to get done, I would rather it done before she keels over from old age.

How long should I wait before I send an e-mail asking about it?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Pets

• It's been a couple of months maybe they've forgotten. Send them an e-mail. I wouid.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Send it now.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I'd send it now.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 2:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• i would do it now. they may have forgotten.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I'd get in touch with them. But I wonder if the wolf that died was this wolf's mate, maybe she's still grieving and that's why they haven't contacted you yet. If I'm remembering correctly, wolves are one of the animals that mate for life, so she could still be mourning.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• It's ok to call now. I'm sure they just forgot.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I would call now.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2012