What were the first signs your daughter was going though puberty?

What age was she and how long after the first signs did she start her period? My 7 year old had her first break out, and I was only 9 when I first started my period...I'm worried this might all be happening too early with her.

megmckn

Asked by megmckn at 10:15 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I too started my period at 9. My daugher, however, is 13 and started her period last year at 12. My first signs were her underarm and pubic hair beginnings. Within 6 months, her period started.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 12:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• There's not a "too early" stage. when her body is ready it will happen - no stopping mother nature. Better to just talk to her so she understands what is going on. Doc told me that usually they start about two years after breast begin to develop.
    WinnieM

Answer by WinnieM at 11:00 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• ok i was 11 and my sister was 13 and my girl is not old to have her's yet so
    Anonymous

• when you see hair growing and white discharge in her underwear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Feb. 13, 2009

• First signs are hormonal outburts, body odor, breasts beginning to develop...ect.....The process usually lasts 18-24 mos. When the breasts are full and hair is apparent, then the period is right behind. Its the last thing to start, so give her about 2 years from the beginning to the end...give or take a few months. All kids are different.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I was 12 when I started and both my sisters were 13
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Breast buds. (small lumps under the nipple).under arm, lower leg, and pubic hair. 8-11 yrs. Period 12.
    Anonymous