cyst on ovary??

Dr. said it is normal for women to have but said that mine is unusually large, and was I concerned about CANCER... my blood isn't right losing weight for no reason... I'm scheduled for an ultra sound on Feb 19 blood work will be back in a few days... so my ? is if this turns out to be cancer can you die from this or am I just over reacting?

theycallmemomie

Asked by theycallmemomie at 10:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Health

• I have had and still do have cysts on my ovaries...I also had a Ovarian Cystectomy back in 2003. I had a really big cyst on my right ovary that was the size of a grapefruit! They did the surgery to remove it. They thought they was gonna have to take my ovary too but didn't...thank God! I also have had cysts bust and they hurt really bad! Sharp pains and everything!
    Ok....I'm probably just scaring you more....sorry!
    I hope all goes well with you!! God bless!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 10:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• do you have a family history of fibroids? any chance you could be pregnant?
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 10:30 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I've had a cyst on my ovary burst and I had many bouts of vomitting and diar. with it and pains exactly like labor. I was hospitalized with iv's for several days and sore as hell for a month afterwards. Several years later with three children born before and after the burst cyst and no problem ever conceiving, I was found to have endometreosis that killed that ovary plus a mass on my other ovary. The ovary with endo was removed. I found the Gilda Radner house hotline to be very very helpful, they deal primarily with ovarian cancer. Cysts are usually fluid and noncancerous but certainly there can be something else going on. Good for you for taking care of this! Write back to let us know!! Remember you deserve good health because you're you and for your kids, other family members too.
    Anonymous

• ovarian cancer is treated with removal of the ovary and as long as it has not metastasised it is one that is usually survived.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:44 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I had my ovary removed two years ago because of a cyst and I was fine. I even got pregnant and had a perfectly healthy baby. I don;t think you are overreacting. It's scary. Cysts are very common and it's better to know and get it taken care of then to sit around and worry about it.
    GraciesMommy25

Answer by GraciesMommy25 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2009