What age was you daughter when she first started showing signs of going through puberty??

What age was she and how long after the first signs did she start her period? My 7 year old had her first break out, and I was only 9 when I first started my period...I'm worried this might all be happening too early with her.

megmckn

Asked by megmckn at 10:16 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Kids' Health

• well, i've read that kids are maturing earlier these days-getting periods as early as 8. You should talk to her doc though, eventhough you have a family history of "early" menstruation, just to make sure everything is okay.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 10:34 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• i was around 11 yrs old but my mom and her mom started at 9-10 and from what i was told that if it runs early in your family (puberty) then yes your girl can be on that link because i also have a young girl 8 and i try to keep my eyes on her i think she will start within the next 2 why i say that she already developing boopes which she's wearing a training to just get her ready she all ready developing that started 2 yrs ago hair in areas which in to young but i took her to see her Doc and was said that i just have to keep a close eye on her because if she does start up they have some kind of medication or shot to hold it back i'm kind of scared and nervous for her because that convensation was never mention to me when i was younger i learn the hard way so now i'm trying to prepare her the best way i know and also scary she is shaping to fast i belive i notice a couple of puberty bumps earlier this morning i ruled out sweets
    blesswith3

Answer by blesswith3 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• but you should make sure that you get her in to be seen that way they can advice you on your options i have to take her in during spring-break to find out where we go from this point. GOOD-LUCK
    blesswith3

Answer by blesswith3 at 1:11 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• i started my pd when i was a month away from 12. i started growing hair that year. my boobs came before that though. i don't remember how long before. i have heard that it has been proven that after a girl reaches 110 lbs that they can get their pd cause its a stable weight to carry a child. i seen it done on twins for a study. just some info
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 12, 2009