moms who have older children(7-15)if you remember well the toddler years do you think it takes more energy to chase a toddler, or more than one toddler, or to assist in the constant discussions,crisses, drama, and "cituations" that goes with raising them as they find their personalities, and values in the world? As it might be ongoing with more than one around the same age.

I have a 5 yr old, a 3 yr old, and a 2 yr old, all less than two yrs apart. They all say i'm busy, i don't really notice it, but i think about the future, the very near future concerning my 5 yr old, and wonder if my hands will begin to feel more and more full.

swnkstr_ars4lif

Asked by swnkstr_ars4lif at 10:18 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• All ages have this effect: You will think you are currently going thru the difficult years always! Then when the become adults and move out, you still are worrying about them. Then when they have children of their own, it's like it all starts over again. It's a vicious cycle! Seriously, I made it clear that I was not raising any more children. I like the grandkids as just that, grandkids. I love them to death, but I want them to go home with their mama. All ages have ups and downs. I think the easiest period is when you are carrying them before they are born! That nine months, OMG, you had better be preparing for the craziness of the rest of your life!!!! LOL!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:22 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Toddlerhood was MUCH easier. MUCH.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:48 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• OH YEAH! you have your hands full there so young and so active everything they see they want to touch,grab ,move or try to stand on top of wantever they can i kept mine nicely distance so i can a pretty good break i don't know if my patient would allow me to go catching at this stage of my life you will have a break soon the 5 yr old will be going to school and the 3 yr old as well they will still be close but they will find their own friends and they will not give you a break because thats when their friends are going to want to invite them to activties have fun been there done that and now there is always something new everytime the sun comes up here comes something new and then again you could be a little like me you warp you babies around your world so tightly you just didn't know that you are a multi-tasker like myself because it becomes natural and oops there were off again have fun while you can its worth it i belive
    blesswith3

Answer by blesswith3 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• First, just put a subject up there, not a paragraph, I almost didn't bother to read it. Second, if you have 3 kids, 5, 3 and 2, we are smart enough to know that they all have less than 2 years between them. Third, you are not into the phase where they have teenage drama, lessons, sports practice and lives of their own that you have to transport them too. Yes it gets much harder later on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• rude much anonymous? sheesh so judgemental.. I think both ages are alot of work..my son is 2 and climbs on everything, gets into everything and is sooo much fun. My dd is 13 and has the drama, sports, after school clubs, girls fight all the time and r bff the next day!!! This underwear is now granny underwear in the locker room so I need victoria secrets in the 7th grade, that boy had drugs in school, this kid was mad and called in a bombthreat so we sat against the wall all day, this girl had sex, this that and the other thing, I need every technology every made to be cool, I can only shop here for clothes, am i too fat, can i have highlights, hair straightened, makeup, bras, pms...jeez maybe I was wrong the toddler does sound easier no that imwriting this and hes autistic, with allergies, asthma, therapies every day of the week. a family takes work, welcome to mommy hood!
    lakegeorge_mom

Answer by lakegeorge_mom at 11:21 AM on Feb. 12, 2009

• Only when people are stupid...
    Anonymous

• it is easier to mentally deal with toddlers, no matter the age, because they are easier to entertain, but alot harder physically. It is easiet physically to deal with older kids because they have more independence, but alot harder to deal with them emotionally because alot of their issues you cannot fix, it is something they just have to learn to "deal" with........
    tiggerabba

Answer by tiggerabba at 2:36 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• I think they are harder as they get older.
    My BFF has kids 8,6,2,1, and I'd rather have the babies than the big kids. They are much easier.
    Mine are 11,8,6.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 7:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• My son was alot of work because he was born with a cleft lip and palate and he had surgeries, ill, and because of that very clingy. Now I wish I could go back after some of the stuff he pulls and it isn't even that bad compared to most kids. I also have difficulty helping him with some of his homework and it is only 3rd grade math.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 12, 2009

• The most difficult time is if you have preteen or teenage daughters. Girls are so full of drama and heartache.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 10:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2009