Why do these idiots keep getting re-elected?

After creationism bill failed, Indiana senator will push 'truth in education' measure

He tried to force creationism into curriculum last year, and failed.  This year he wants teachers to be required to "prove" anything they teach.  If a student questions anything in any class, the teacher must be able to provide some sort of proof (like, say, a science book?)

1) an example of another complete moron who does not understand the definition of the phrase "scientific theory"  (here's a hint - it does NOT mean something not proven.  It is a collection of facts which support a claim)

2) an example of another complete moron who does not understand the definition of not making any law regarding the establishment of religion.

But I'm guessing he'd count the Bible as a valid source of fact if anyone wanted to teach creationism?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe in a young earth, between 6 and 10 million years old.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• oh dear, that was supposed to be between 6 and 10 thousand, not enough sleep last night
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

So you believe something that's already proven untrue. That pretty much negates the point of discussing it further.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• What's the most convincing evidence for you of an old Earth?
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

Geology
    Physics
    Biology
    Meteorology

If that's not specific enough for you, you can start with the nuclide evidence, the depth of the permafrost layer, and the human genome project.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• And before you even go there, "maybe God didn't feel like making things consistent" is not proof of a young earth, it's a very sad excuse.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

• Oh dear Lord Cheez-Its, somebody help me! I should walk away now and make tacos, but I can't resist.

Oldest Dinosaur types are said to be approx 230 million years old.
    Anatomically modern humans appeared in Africa 200 thousand years ago.

... just sayin'.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2012

•  bad decisions...

GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2012

• Hello 2012
    Testing
    This feels weird
    I do not know if I like this answers thing anymore
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:02 PM on Aug. 19, 2013