Im 28 and my bf is 22....Has anyone my age ever been with anyone that young before and has it worked out??

We get along very well and it seems right. Also how to approach my family with his age? Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Relationships

• Al I can think about is that a 22 year old's brain is not even fully matured yet
    If you have doubts,you know that it probably won't work

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Six years isn't a huge age difference, but for a guy, 22 is pretty young....and at your ages, it's a bigger age difference. people change so much from their early 20's to their late 20's.

You are concerned about telling your parents-what about his? How will they feel about him being with an older woman at his age? Do you think they may question your maturity or your motives for being with a guy so much younger? Does their opinion matter? Or perhaps you've already met them and they're okay with it.

It may work out just fine. As the mother of three sons in their twenties, I can tell you I would be concerned about the age difference, and wonder a little about a 28 yr old woman who is interested in a 22 yr old guy. ( I do think it's different if you're 38 & he's 32, just because the changes in the 20's are so much bigger).

I also understand that it's not my choice & I just want my boys to be happy, but I'd have concerns.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• It is not a huge difference in terms of age but in terms of life, maturity and experience. Well, there is a world of difference between 22 and 28.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I dated a wonderful guy who was 10 yrs. younger than I was - to this day we are still amazing friends (both of us married to somebody else) and it's been 20 years now! Wouldn't have it any other way.
    When we were dating, age didn't matter, we were both happy, our parents didn't need to know our age difference so long as we were happy together.
    I say - GO FOR IT!!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Only for 'fun'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• It seriously depends if this 22yr old is a mature 22yr old & not into clubbing, partying & sleeping around because he can & is still on the wild side and you are not type thing. It's a gap but not a huge gap BUT be leery because they are still very immature at that age. If you really truly like this person take it real slow before introducing him to family or mentioning anything.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• That is about the same age gap between my sis and her DH. It has worked out just fine. They have been married 8 years.

A relationship is what you make it. Age can play a part but if you are both mature adults, then age is just a number.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 2:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• thts not a bad gap..
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I was 27 almost 28 and my DH was 24 going on 25 when we met. Still married 23 years later.

Answer by louise2 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I'm generalising - but in my experience 22-year-old guys are babies. And I say that as a younger-than-22 yr old gal!
    If I want a man I look at 25+. BUT I'm talking about myself and generalising as I say.
    Stace
    stace101

Answer by stace101 at 1:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2012