Are you truly in the "Christmas Spirit" this year? Or "Holiday Spirit" for non-Christians?

I just can't seem to get there... I feel bad cause my kids are so excited about Christmas, like most kids are this time of year, and they want to do more decorating and go to holiday celebrations around town and make fun crafts and what not... and I'm just NOT in the mood :( I'm so depressed and worn out from this whole year and the mess and stress of trying to get our new house that I just want to skip the whole month :P Financially we are 'okay' right now and we already got pretty much all their presents so at least I know they'll have a good Christmas when it finally gets here. Plus we are on track to spend Christmas with my family like we always do, driving up after Christmas Eve celebrations with DH's family and spending the night and all of christmas day and night up in Denver then driving back the next day. And if the weather stays cooperative that shouldn't change...
Idk, maybe I just need to snap out of it and just be happy and get in the mood but right now I could honestly care less if Christmas was tomorrow :-/ Anyone else feel the same?

DreainCO

Asked by DreainCO at 9:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Holidays

• Not yet. After finals are done, then I can take time to think about it. We've had music on a few times while I'm working and DS is doing homework, but decorations and everything else have to wait another week. He's already bouncing around the house, and DH is already debating which other presents to get him, but I'm not there yet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I always bake from scratch, but in this case I'd say drastic measure are in order!!

By some slice and bake cookie dough, frosting and sprinkles, turn on some Christmas music, and bake some cookies to get into the holiday mood. Put on your favorite Christmas movie and snuggle with the kids and eat cookies, hopefully their excitement will be contageous.

Get excited about your first Christmas in your new home!! Fake it until you feel it, your kids will get you there!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I'm not even faking very well...been numb to most of life's normalcy for about 5mos. I hate to say it, but considering our situation, Christmas is just another day this time around. Any holiday activities or events I've participated in thus far have been robotic.
    Hope your 2013 brightens up, OP.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I feel ya!!! I haven't been in the Christmas mood either I would say for the last uhm... few yrs!! I want to be, but can't seem to snap out of it as well. My mom is in the hospital so I am a little preoccupied with her and Christmas is the last thing on my mind... lol We tried to set up the tree last night so maybe once it's up then moods will change.... hopefully!! hahah
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I'm in the same boat. It is what it is. Not a lot I can do about it, so I will keep moving forward for our boys.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:22 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Wow, that should say "BUY" not by!!
    ohwrite

• Snap out of it!! (:
    Turn on Christmas music, get out the decorations and get back in the spirit again!
    You will find that it will cheer you up! You need to do this for your kids too, don't let them see you down
    No need to shop and get it all done now in a hurry, take your time, enjoy the spirit of christmas!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 10:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• About as much as any year I suppose. It seems like there is so much going on that it's hard to focus on just one thing. When I look back it seems like this last year has gone by so fast, yet just thinking about my kids last day of school for the last school year seems like years ago.

As nice as it will be for this year to be over, I hate to anticipate what the next year will bring. Hopefully it will be better for everyone.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Im not in the Christmas mood at all, the next two months are going to be hell on earth for our family. Just not excited at all.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Truly, it's just another day for me. I get excited to see my children and grandchildren enjoying it though. I believe that the retail business has really ruined it for me. LOL! However, it's a time for giving and enjoying. That means family to me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2012