Baby Blues?

I have a week old baby and four older children. My patience is constantly tested. and I frequently want to sit down and cry the only thing that makes me want to smile is the baby and so I cling to her and I still try to show attention to my older children, but I look at me DH and I just want to cry. He is being so loving and supporting and he has no idea what to do. Any ideas on trying to fight this mood thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2012 in General Parenting

• I was the same way. I didn't really have PPD, but the hormone fluctuation after giving birth was really hard on me with my first. Get as much rest as possible, drink lots of water and eat a healthy diet. That won't fix it, but it won't make it worse either.

I agree with calling or seeing your Dr.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Give it a little time. You have a maelstrom of hormones raging around right now. I know it's difficult and I know you feel overwhelmed.

I would suggest you give your doctor a call, just to be on the safe side. He or she can ease your mind and give you some options if it doesn't let up. I had this issue with my third baby and, after a couple of weeks, I was feeling much better.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Talk to your doctor. There is lots of help out there for Baby Blues and postpartum depression.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Yes, you should call your doctor. Don't just let it go on and on.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2012