Do you take melatonin vitamins before bed?

How much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Melatonin by itself, absolutely! I've never mixed it with vitamins, or taken vitamins at bedtime before though. Melatonin is not truly a vitamin, more of a supplement. Your body naturally makes melatonin, you are just supplementing this. I would start off with the lowest dose and go from there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Melatonin is NOT a vitamin, it's a hormone. No, I don't take it.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 11:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Melatonin isNOT a vitamin. It is a natural hormone that your body produces at night to help you fall asleep. Taking synthetic supposedly helps people calm down and sleep better. I have occasionally taken it when I needed to sleep and just had too much running through my head to do it. I try to meditate first, but occasionally that is not enough (like 3-4 times a year).
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• hubby uses it and my son does too some nights- the usually take a half
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Melatonin is not a vitamin, it is sold by the vitamins. My son used to take them. His ADD made falling asleep impossible.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• No
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I take 20-30 mg of it . I think it starts at 5 but 5 doesn't do anything for me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• nope
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Um that is way too much. The lowest dose is 1 mg. My husband takes one every once in a while and it knocks him out.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Lol no its not I just talked to a dr and they said the lowest is 5mg. And correction I only take 15 mg . I thought they were 10 mg each but I just looked only 5
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2012