Should I call her?

I found messages in my boyfriend phone from his son mother that makes me think that they are still dealing with each other. Their son is only about to be 2 and they have only been a part for a year. He has been with me for 8 months now. I took her number out of his phone and I have been debating if I should call her to see what is going on. I asked him if he was still in love with her or sleeping with her and he said no. I think he is lying. I really do love him and it would kill me if he has been sleeping with his son mother. I would not call her to start drama but we have been having unprotected sex and if he is cheating on me I want to know. She is older than I am but would I be out of line to call the mother of his child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Relationships

• NOYB

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• So where is he in his son's life? And why shouldn't he have contact with her considering they have a kid together?

If you're this insecure, find someone without kids so you can know there isn't a valid reason for your boyfriend to be talking to his ex.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• No...and put her number back in his phone. They have a child together. For the rest of their lives they will be in contact with each other over their child. Accept it now or leave.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• The conversations they have are not always about their son. I would not trip out if I did not have a legit reason to. She was sending him pictures of them when they were together and he was responding as if he wanted to rekindle what they had. but then when I confronted him he just lie and say its nothing
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:22 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• If you are not normally insecure... but for some reason have a gutt feeling something is going on.. I would definately check it out. Its your heart on the line here. But call her and be very polite.. even if she isnt. Just say, you want to make sure they are a thing of the past because you dont want to intrude on them if they are still seeing one another... put it like you are doing her a favor
    sgarfield

Answer by sgarfield at 11:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Do not call. If you think he's lying then ask him further. If you still don't believe, then leave him.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:28 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I think if I were in that position, I would try to think hard on whether the feelings I was having were more about me or more about them. If I felt in my gut it was about them and thinking that they were wanting to possibly get back together I think I would let him go. I would hate to have to feel like I couldn't trust him when it comes to someone that he needs to have contact with because he shares a child with her. I would imagine it would be hard, but I would do it to save myself the heartache it would cause in the long run.

Now, if I thought that I was just being insecure and there was really nothing for me to worry about, just me borrowing trouble, then I would think about getting some counseling to figure out how to be less insecure.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Nope. They have a child... enough said. You get involved, you become the crazy step person...> Stay out
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• A good relationship is all about trust. If you are already not trusting this man, then maybe he's not the one for you.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2012

• NO, sounds like you cant trust him
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 5, 2012