Child family services

They still haven't contacted us and my daughter has been in the "protective custody" or juvenile jail for almost a week now. The probation officer just barely got her case this morning at 6 and I have to go back in at 3:30 to see if she has anymore information. She's requesting my daughters school records,which isn't good. She's in night school and is doing well now there at the school. She has a long school record,and I'm afraid the judge will use it against her. I told the probation officer I really want her home and that we are willing to do whatever it takes to get help for her and my whole family. She did say dcfs is slow and this could take awhile,I don't think it's cool to keep kids locked up for stuff like that,she said they are concerned for her welfare. I'm scared they will take all of my kids out of my home,or go to the school and take them. I have four 11-14-15-17. I really wish this nightmare would end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Dec. 5, 2012 in General Parenting

• I apologize, I thought it was the 17 year old. But even at that they should not be hitting and she would not lash out at him if there was not a reason. You said she has anger issues so is she in counseling for those issues? And if dad is fallling asleep and unable to wake up to stop fighting then he either nedds to stop drinking or she doesnt need to be there its evidentally not safe what if one of them grabbed a knife and stabbed the other out of anger? They could be dead before he woke up to intervene.

Very scary thought.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• If it is a DJJ issue then CPS may never come out. CPS is for when loco parentis situations occur. Meaning failure on the parents to proved safety and basic needs. If the detension center determines it is behavioral then it is treated as a legal juvenile court issue. Kid jail. If you have a lawyer she should be able to assist you in navigating this system. If you can't afford one your child will be appointed one. You have to provide proof you can't afford a lawyer. You can also call social services and request information asking if tgey have an open case. Sometimes, as is the law here, CPS does not come out to the home if the minor or vulnerable person is currently in a safe place. Example, if the minor is hospitalized then they wait until discharge.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• omg luvmygranddbaby,my 17 yr old wasn't the one that hit his sister,her 13 now 14 yr old brother hit her. My 17 yr old is very mellow like me and wouldn't harm a fly.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• My attorney lied to us!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• you said your attorney said it had nothing to do with you or your husband so which is it???
    Sorry but sounds skeptical and a 17 year old boy should not hit his sister no matter what and he should have gone to jail to for domestic violence. Your daughter may have issues but she got the raw end of this. You said yourself you son does not want her to come home. that sends up HUGE red flags
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Well it is better that she is safe and like you say she is doing well in the classes she is taking there. Just comply with whatever they want from you. Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Now I know that she needs help and it wasn't my intention to wait till now and have dcfs involved,well that isn't the case and fights are a rarity here in my home,at least I can feel rested knowing that. As far as why I haven't gotten her help,I have been working on this since August getting her help through her counselors at school,and they are seeking more help now that we have medicaid for the kids.
    It's my home and prayer that she can come home soon,and that they will allow us to do what we can as her parents to get everything in order.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• They are holding her cause of my husband and only cause of him,she told them he drinks and he couldn't control the situation. I was this morning and the lady taking care of everything said they are waiting on dcfs to see if its safe for her to come home,or if they should put her somewhere else till things get cleared.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I never said my 17 yr old hurt her it was her 13 yr old brother,and he was defending himself.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Without knowing what she did I can't say. Maybe this is the best place for her right now while you get the help for her and the whole family together.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2012