How can I get my boyfriend to tell me what is wrong with him when he doesnt want to?

Ok, so he gets home from a big stress full day, I can see the big frown on him and he tries to hide it but he cant and I ask him constantly what is the matter and if he can talk to me but he rather not. He tells me the same answer " just a bad day", or "NOTHING" but that big fat look is still on him. I try to cheer him up by playing with him or changing the subject with something funny but nothing. Am I trying to hard to get him to speak? Im out of ideas.

dha8718

Asked by dha8718 at 10:29 PM on Feb. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Maybe he's just tired of work..My husband would do that and I would be like "What the hell happened?" lol and he finally said "Nothing happened, I just get tired of working."
    It's not unusual..Just quit badgering him and love on him...Oh, and tell him to start leaving his bad mood at work..Tell him anything at work stays at work and when you're at home put on a new attitude because this is not work.
    Anonymous

• I would give him some space. Asking him constantly what is wrong is just gonna irritate him...let him get some air and unwind after a stressful day at work.

After giving him some space (I do 30mins-1 hour) just ask him how work was. And if he doesn't wanna talk about it, then drop it and change the subject.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:33 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• Go CarolynBarnett that is good advice. I am sort of the same way when I am in a bad mood I don't want someone to keep asking me if I am ok. It makes me mad. Instead give me some room and later if I want to talk about it I will.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:37 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• You have to learn when to push and when not too. Don't always take his "not telling you" personally. When you can step back, that is when he'll be more apt to open up. If it does not concern you, you can leave it alone.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:38 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• My DH does that from time to time and I just let him hop on his XBOX and blow off some steam and by the time dinner is ready he is usually ready to talk.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:59 PM on Feb. 11, 2009