Who's right and who's wrong?

DS(9) has a dentist appointment today. DH wanted DS to call up and ask the dentist about what's going to be done and how much it's going to cost. I told DH you don't have a child do something like that and he thinks I'm crazy.

Who's right and who's wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2012 in Money & Work

• Lol I have to agree with you on this one
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• No, your son should not do that. You or his dad should make that call

Answer by missanc at 12:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• They won't tell a child a thing. Nor will they tell an adult if hey've never sen that person; you don't know what has to be done till you look under the hood!

Your husband is being silly. But indulge him... let him make the call.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Children shouldn't be concerned with the financial end of things. And, why would they tell a child anyway?

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• He put your son & dentist in an awkward situation.. That's weird. If he wanted to know all this info, he should have called himself.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• parents job not childs geez
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• I could agree if your son was over 18 and you were helping him pay the bill. But he's 9! Aside from the fact that he has no financial responsibility in this whatsoever, he wouldn't even know how to ask those questions, and probably wouldn't get the information right when he passed it on to you.

Your husband is being ridiculous.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Seriously? Your husband is an idiot if he thinks a 9 yo should be responsible for finding out about a medical appt and the cost of the appt.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Hand dh the phone and tell him to make the call himself. Drs/Dentist will not discuss finacial information with a minor on the phone. 1st it would come across as sounding like a prank and 2nd they aren't the ones paying the bill so why waste their time.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2012

• Thanks ladies. For the record, DH was mad at me but gave in. I'm the one that called. I don't know why he didn't just ask me to do it to begin with. I really don't get him sometimes.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2012